Thursday, August 20, 2015

Week 2 of CS3216

Today ends my second week lessons for this semester. However, the workload of CS3216 is piling high.

I have finally formed a group for my second assignment. The grouping is rather rushing and I doubt anyone has the time to choose their teammates. It is mainly due to the fact that everyone is rushing their first assignment in which the mid report is due next Tuesday. 

As for my first assignment, it has been a busy time coding the product. We managed to decide on node js and express framework as the backbone and angular js as the front end.

While I have experienced in node js and express framework last year during orbital project, my understanding node js and express at that moment of time is very bad due to the lack of experience in coding and developing software. Lead by Sun Wang Jun, I basically follow the online tutorial without understanding the techniques and terms used in the framework (aka copy paste).

After one year of experience in coding and software development, I have returned to node js. With my current knowledge, I believe I am able to understand those terms used and not apply without understanding them (aka copy paste).

Lastly, I hope that I still can sleep well every night (SLEEP IS IMPORTANT) and not too worry about the assignments.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, actually one of the best things about this class is that it teaches you that sleep is quite optional.

    In the last 3 months of my PhD I slept 5 hours on alternate nights. Some say it affects productivity, I personally don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! That's a VERY DIFFICULT STACK!

    Hope you guys can cope. Please do not spend too much time fiddling / learning the stack as opposed to coding the key features of your project that solves your target problem for the target user. The key is making a useful app first! The fancy stuff can always come later.

    ReplyDelete