Friday, November 6, 2015

Coming to an end

Next week is the end of the semester. From CS3216, I learnt various soft skills regarding creation of application, mainly from UI/UX and marketing.

Another skill which I do not expect to obtain in CS3216 is the real experience in dealing with a customer. In addition to that, the customer is not a tech person. The communication becomes a very tiring process especially when it comes to explanation and agreement.

In the past, I always hear rumors where in working environment, the non-tech customers/departments always think that tech team is a magic team who can create anything they want in no time. In results, they demand lots from us and take it for granted. When error or bug occurs, tech team takes the blame.

I doubted the rumors because working with the bunch of intellectual working adult (I assume), such unreasonable request will not be so rampant. However, I think I need to reconsider my stand on the rumors. There is indeed a very big communication gap between us and the other parties.

This comes down to the skill I obtain. We need to communicate in order to bring down the expectation of the opposite parties to avoid putting ourselves in worse position when we cannot deliver the intended goods in time.

Another 2 more weeks and that concludes my journey in CS3216. Alright, time to work now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment